Monday, August 03, 2009

Garden update



 

We had our first ripe (cherry) tomato on July 31, about a month later than last year; There are tons of green tomatoes of all sizes hanging all over the plants; the first sunflower opened on August 1; I just planted the seeds from the cilantro that I planted in the spring, in the hope that in a month or so we'll have fresh tomatoes and cilantro together in the garden; there are now some squashes bigger than my thumbs, and almost ready to pick; the pumpkin vines are growing quickly and well.

 

Photos to follow.


1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Nothing goes better together than tomatoes and cilantro. I am sadly gardenless, but I did have a delicious ear of corn tonight that was fresh from my co-worker's garden.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!