Wednesday, January 04, 2012

…and still more old paintings…

 
These two paintings are early favorites.  The painting of the chairs was done on paper, and it's one of the very first paintings I did in college, so it's probably 1991.  I was quite proud of it at the time, and I still find a lot to admire about it.  The biggest problem is my handling of the background shadow.  Regarding composition and paint application, I'm still pleased with it and sort of wish I still had it.  I dumpsterized it when I was moving to Wyoming.
The tree painting, dated 1991, is a counterpart to the tree painting that is currently hanging in Chris and Helga's house; they were painted at the same time.  I think this was first. I was also very proud of this one.  My boss at St. Matthews Blueprint bought it from me. I wonder if he still has it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!