Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dream

Last night I dreamed that I was playing with one of Erin's small elastic ponytail holders. I decided to wrap it around my eyebrow, and stretched it across my fingers to do so, but it shot off and lodged itself in my head. It deflected somewhat in my sinus cavity and ended up with its front end poking through the skin on the side of my nose, and its back end still poking out above my eyebrow. There was no blood.
Most of the elastic band was behind my left eye. I showed it to Kim whose attitude was pretty much, "Well, that's what you get for horsing around with elastic bands."
I decided to try to pull it out from the nose end. I pulled it tight, and some of it came out, but my vision started getting weird and I realized that the loop of the band was snagged on my optic nerve.
So I cut the band, so that it was simply a straight piece of elastic, not a circle. I pulled on end free, and kept pulling. Almost all of the band was out, but the end of it was still caught on something. I wrapped the band around my fingers to strengthen my grip, and pulled very hard. I could feel things shifting a little in my sinuses, the way they do when there is change in sinus pressure with congestion, but still the string didn't come out. I decided that it might be dangerous to pull any harder than that.
The I awakened and, with some relief, felt my face.


1 comment:

  1. While reading this my face began to contort in many different directions and my right eye closed flinchingly and involuntarily. Yeah...that was gross.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!