Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Once again I had to drive to work holding my driver's side door shut with my arm. The door wouldn't latch because of the ice inside it. After I arrived, I couldn't get the door shut enough for the dome light to stay off, so I park with the left side of my car up on a curb, then tucked an old glove between the door frame and the door in such a way that a finger was holding down the little black button that shuts off the light.
 
Also, one of my wiper blades ripped off when I hit the wiper with my ice scraper, but that should be easy enough to fix when it warms up a little.
 
On a happy note, the advice I took to put cooking spray all around the door seals allowed me to easily open the door. I'll have to remember that trick. Smart Balance with Omega-3 Fatty Acids worked well.


 


Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

1 comment:

  1. I first tried to get into my passenger side door this morning, but then decided to try the driver's side. I got in with a little effort and warmed the car and chiseled as as usual. Then, halfway down I-64 my door ajar light came on. My passenger door had popped open a little. I guess I opened it enough to unlatch and the ice was the only thing holding it shut. Once the car warmed up, the ice released and *bing*...door ajar.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!