Thursday, February 28, 2008

Woo-hoo! & such. "Lost" is on tonight.
 
I am deeply engrossed in the novel The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Our Otter Book Club read it a few years ago, but I never got past the first few pages then. At the time, with Erin (and maybe Jill? I can't recall the time frame) new in the family, the very idea of attempting to read a 600-page book left me feeling incredulous. Lately, though, I've been on a bit of a roll. I've read more novels in the past six months that I had in the previous six years. That's not a lot of novels, mind you.
 
The Secret History is turning out to be very good. I figured it would be; I recall my friends who had read it saying that they really enjoyed it. I'm only about a hundred pages in.
 
I almost went metal detecting at lunch today, but I talked myself out of bringing the detector to work with me. It's still pretty cold, and I thought it was supposed to rain this afternoon, and I liked the idea of reading my book on lunch break, so I left it.


 


Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!