Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lost

So I copped to the fact that they weren't saying the baby's name all through the last episode, and deduced that knowing the name would give something away. I wasn't expecting the baby to be Aaron, though.
 
I've lately found myself caring less about an encompassing explanation for the nature of the island; I suspect that if someone tries to explain it too thoroughly, it will be unsatisfying. I've mostly stopped theorizing, myself. Now I really just want to see how the characters manage their own desires, conflicts, loyalties as they maneuver their paths through the dangerous ambiguity.
 
Also, I have a suspicion that this ship is going to 'splode pretty good before all is said and done, and I want to see it.
 
I suppose the fifth member of the "Oceanic 6" was Aaron. Who is the sixth?
 
In last season's finale, at the very end, Kate said something like, "I better get home. He'll wonder where I am." I guess now the best guess is that she was referring to Aaron.
 
In that episode, maybe the person who's coffin Jack saw was Ben's. Ben could have been living under a different name, having escaped the island with the Oceanic 6. Then he fakes his own suicide to avoid the tall creepy guy and his organization (I'm forgetting the names of the companies involved) and finance Sayid.


 


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

1 comment:

  1. i'm with you. the whole magic of the show is not knowing what the deal is with that crazy island. this season hasn't been as exciting for me because they're starting to answer things with the flash forwards.

    i can't help theorizing in my head. i don't ever settle on one though -- not sure if i just don't know what i'm talking about or i don't want to think i can figure it all out and be right.

    anyway, great show. i'm obsessed.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!