Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Artist Trading Cards; Spider addition

I worked on several Artist Trading Cards last night. Coming along all right. My due date is the tenth, but I really need to get them done earlier because it's likely to be a busy weekend.

According to some bug guy on the Web (I don't recall the URL; go look for it. It's worth the hunt.), those big garden spiders and many other spiders are more evident this time of the year because they have matured and are at their most humongous. I suppose it's possible that those guys were just building smaller webs and weren't as noticable. Perhaps earlier in the year they are just in the corners under the eaves or in the lower branches of trees, but we finally take note of them in October because their webs become big enough to stretch from a tree branch to a driveway fifteen feet below. That was the case with the one Erin and I saw on our walk. The bug guy correspondent on the Web site I mentioned previously says that he watched one spider attempting to build a web from his apartment building to a lamp post across the street.

"If we pull this off, we'll eat like kings!"

1 comment:

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!