Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Why Must I Be Broken Record? & ATCs

For more two days now, I have had They Might Be Giants' song "Why Must I Be Sad" spinning continuously in my head. I listened to it once a few days ago, and it stuck. It's like one of those flies that circle my head noisily on hot sticky days in late summer. I wave my hands, duck my head, sprint--but just as I think, "Hey, I finally got that song outta my head," it comes droning back. It's not really a very good song. It's not bad, either. At least it's not as bad as, say, "We Built This City On Rock And Roll." Not many things are that bad. "We built this city (bwah-DAH)/We built this city (bwah-DAH)/We built this city on rahhhk n ROOOOOLLLLLOHHHH!"

Oh sweet Mary. I better keep "Why Must I Be Sad" in my head.

And here are the artist trading cards which I mailed a while back:




All 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches, india ink and water color.

2 comments:

  1. With your ATCs, what's the medium they're painted on? Paper? Cardboard? Canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked on bristol board. At least, I think that's what it is. It was on a piece of old board that I've had stored away for about ten years. Bristol board is a fairly smooth illustration board, probably 100% rag, and about the weight of card stock.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!