Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Atchoo

I have a cold, I think. I don't think it's allergies. It's really dragging me down.

Two days ago I planted some perennials that a coworker gave to me. Peachleaf bellflower, coral bells, evening primrose, and culver's root. I've planted them so late in the year--I wonder if they'll make it through the winter?

I received a note from Jovanna that she received my ATCs. She said she liked them a lot. I will post pictures later.

Last night I had two long dreams. In one, I was with some guy on an archaeological dig. This guy was digging up a hole in the ground. By which I mean, there was a hole in the ground that had been dug by an animal, and he was digging around it so he could have the chunk of earth that had a hole in it. It was an important and valuable hole. But I was hoping to find artifacts during the dig. After a while, a big passage was formed and we could see a chamber. A coworker and I slid down into this big underground room that had been made by an ancient civilization. It was mostly bare. We were amazed as we looked around (I was hoping to find coins), although the room looked little different than many basements I've been in.

The second dream was pretty long, and involved fleeing a huge house before some woman showed up. I was fleeing with other people, but there identies were changing they way they tend to do in dreams. Sometimes I was with Erin and Jill as adults; sometimes Kim was there; sometimes I was just with a bunch of friends. We fled into a huge backyard and got in a fight with a lot of animals. This large combat was a role playing game melee, or at least it evolved into that towards the end. I think we had animals fighting on our side, too.

2 comments:

  1. Did the animals fighting on your side in the second dream dig any holes of scientific interest to the archeologist in the first dream?

    Feel better, Sneeze-Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any holes connecting those two dreams were tunneled too deeply in my subconcious for me to understand. But I'm sure the badger in the scary propeller car = sex, the large brown bear that I shot = father figure, and entering the ancient underground womb was a combination of returning to the womb and fear of death.

    ReplyDelete

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!